Re: [opensuse] TechniSat DVB-T AirStar 2 (PCI) digital receiver
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:47:22 -0600
On 12/22/06, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was hoping against hope that nobody would mention Mythtv :-) . I heard
about it some time back and had a quick look at it then and found that I
didn't have the appropriate academic qualifications to operate it. But
maybe the link you give above will contain some comprehensible material
for me to get the software to work with the card so I'll go and have a
look :-) .

Thanks for your info., greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

My intention was not to say what software to use. While mythtv is
excellent piece of software, and I use it for almost an year now, the
idea of my post was that myth community is a great resource of tips
and tricks for everything related to tv capturing in Linux.

So, according to the link, the support for this card should be
included in the recent kernels, and should work out of the box.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.