Re: [opensuse] pre-order shipping yet?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:57:02 -0500
On Fri December 22 2006 8:22 am, Tom Patton scratched these words onto a
coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 07:42 -0500, Mark Hounschell wrote:
> > Tom Patton wrote:
> > > I'd bet it will show up at CompUSA before my inbox at this
> > > rate...
> > >
> > > Thanks, Russ. Merry Christmas, Sir!
> >
> > From what I gathered from previous emails on the subject, you will
> > NOT find it on the shelves of CompUSA or any other retailer in the
> > USA.
> >
> > I'm sure MS is very pleased about that if true. Part of the DEAL,
> > I'm sure...
> >
> > Mark
>
> Yeah, I wondered that too, which is another reason I ordered early.
> Now with the backorder situation here, I wonder if the deal included
> a built-in delay for the US to not deliver before VISTA or Christmas?
<snip>

Well, not certain bout that. There is something in the messages about
being "custom built" per order. I had assumed that was only for biz w/
mega copy numbers.
but I suppose someone could be hand making them ... Hope no one gets a
paper cut, or ?? doing it.. all that glue for sealing boxes could be
murder on a body,as well.
;)