[opensuse] Intel network chips and opensuse 10.0
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:26:40 +0100

I am trying to get an intel chipset to work with openSuse 10.0:

intel 83573L

The 82573E works out of the box. I did an upgrade to the driver from
Intel and the 82573EI now works.

It is only the 83573L that I cannot get to work.

I tried the YasT menu for PCI drivers to see if I could add it to the
list of chips supported by the e1000 driver. Unless I did something
wrong, this did not help.

Why all the 82573 chips suddenly? We ordered some motherboards from
SuperMicro. Despite ordering the EXACT same part number, the network
chips are different. Joy...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB