[opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:26:20 +0200
After upgrading to OpenSUSE 10.2 my HP nx 6125 can finaly hibernate and resume.
But I now notice that once I have resumed from a hibernate the machine
runs very hot.

Normally the CPU temperature is between 40 and 50 deg Celcius. After
a resume, it ranges between 65 and 85, averaging around 70.
THe machine is not doing any more work than before, the CPU usage is
on average 5%
If I reboot the machine then it runs at 40-50 again with same CPU usage.

Does anybody have similar experience?
Any ideas what could cause it?

Thanks
--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za