Re: [opensuse] Video for Linux questions
  • From: JB <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:00:25 -0600
On Thursday 21 December 2006 13:07, Simon Roberts wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a little webcam that seems to be supported (via some extras, it
> doesn't seem to be mainstream) as a video for linux (v4l) device. I travel
> a lot in my work, and it occurs to me that it would be quite a nice trick
> if I could get several of these and mount them in various rooms in the
> house so that I can a) check on the general state of the house (and perhaps
> most importantly my cats who are left home alone) while I'm away and b)
> possibly capture slow-frame video that might help in case I had burglars.

Probably all those questions (and the app you need, called 'Motion') can be
found here:

<http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome>

The mailing list for it is great for answers too!

--
Moderate thinkers: Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented worker', is like
calling a home intruder an 'unwanted houseguest'.

Liberal...whatever: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal
holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by
the clean end.