Re: [opensuse] Can spam be defeated? SLIGHTLY OT
  • From: John Meyer <john.l.meyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:16:23 -0700
Michael Leuty wrote:
> On 20/12/06, Steven T. Hatton <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is there an easy way to thwart spam?
>
> I let the clever chaps at Google do all the hard work for me, and pass
> all my mail through GMail. There are very few false negatives and even
> fewer false positives.
>
> Mike

BTW, and maybe somebody can tell me this, is there some sort of mindset
of the spammer which justifies sending out all these e-mails. Something
that says, yes my actions are horribly reprehensible and wrong, but
people will like me enough to buy my merchandise. The good will you
shoot to crap with this must be intense.
And I know it's hard to look at things from the perspective of slime,
but maybe somebody can explain it to me.