Re: [opensuse] passwords
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:50:21 -0500

> > The Wednesday 2006-12-20 at 16:45 +0100, jdd wrote:
> > > better have a silicon chip into the head
> >
> > And then someone will chop your head to get your codes. Or your
> > finger for your fingerprint, or...
> >
> > :-(
>
> Yes indeed. :/ I understand that someone in the U.S. wants to
> "chip" people with their medical records/ ID info. Personally as far
> as biometric authentication goes, Thanks, but, NO THANKS!

Yes, but then you don't have Alzheimers, or a chronic problem that can
render you unconcious and unable to tell responders what has happened.
Those were the only folks that were even considered.. the chip in that
case was similar to the things they implant into pets for the same
reasons. ( They can't talk )

However, because of privacy concerns the FDA refused them the
certification. And my friends Alzheimer afflicted elderly father , who
gets lost all the time because he goes out for a walk, and forgets
where he was, nevermind knowing where he is.

Well, he will have to wear one of those GPS ankle bracelets like a
criminal.. but at least they can find him before he would, for
instance, freeze to death in winter, or have other exposure problems in
summer. ( And yes, he does have minders, but no one can watch a person
every minute of the day and night.Not even a whole staff of folks can
keep track of the wanderers. )

How many times , here in the states, have you heard alerts because
someone , usually a kid, or one w/ a kids mental abilities, gets lost.
Got on the wrong bus, took a wrong turn to their classrooms, and now no
one knows where the heck they are. So suddenly the airwaves are filled
w/ appeals for folks to be on the lookout for them. Usually it doesn't
end well.

It *should* be the choice of the person , if they are capable, or their
guardian, if they are not. Not the ACLU and others similar.

just my $.02