Re: [opensuse] passwords
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:34:27 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2006-12-19 at 23:36 -0500, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> To all the folks who write code for Linux:
>
> I live in a house by myself. Nobody else ever uses my computer. I really
> hate it when some program tells me I need an 8-character password. I would
> be just as happy to bypass the password stuff altogether, but I have a simple
> password that I want to use on everything. It has 5 characters, and I can
> remember it. Please keep people like me in mind. Thank you.

You can change the password settings in Yast. However, as you use email,
you probably have some kind of internet connection: please make sure that
nobody can connect to your machine from internet and start guessing
passwords - even if you don't care about your data in the computer, there
are people out there hunting for PCs to convert into zombies and attack
other people with them, for instance.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.