Re: [opensuse] passwords
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:33:59 +0100 (MET)

>To all the folks who write code for Linux:

The linux kernel has nothing to do with password management.

>I live in a house by myself. Nobody else ever uses my computer. I really
>hate it when some program tells me I need an 8-character password. I would

You are not restricted to 8 characters. I for example use a 2-character
pw at home (external logins only per ssh key). Or, you can also have
more than 8, if that was which you were complaining about. Heck, if you
think of your password being so annoying/worthless/nonprivate, just
write it onto a PostIt note and stick it on the screen.