Re: [opensuse] Yast Install Source question
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:27:05 +0800
Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> When I close out the Yast Install Source by pressing finish it takes forever
> to close - many minutes - at least 5 minutes. I assume this is because it's
> checking the repositories - is that correct?
Probably not. It is more likely the syncing with zmd. Try unchecking
that box before closing.
> If so I could disable the
> refresh on them all but then when I run the software management will it check
> the sources for new versions or do I have to go back to the Install source
> management and turn on refresh and then go back to software management?

If you disable the refresh, it will not refresh. You would do better to
disable zmd, or better yet, depending on your needs, uninstall rug, zmd.
zen-updater, Make sure PREFERRED_SW_UPDATER_STACK is set to opensuse in
/etc/sysconfig editor, and you are good to go with out the heavyweight
update system.
> It would have been nice if the package manager let you work with the install
> sources, too.
>
> Or should I be using Zen to do the updates!

You could if you want to, but it is heavier than the above.

--
Joe Morris