Re: [opensuse] Problems to reinitialise proper hardware detection and configuration storage with SaX2
  • From: Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:17:16 +0100

Hm. For me this rather sounds like hardware failure than anything else.
Can you check the output of

hwinfo --mouse
This command does not display useful informations in my case.

If you cannot get any mouse events printed by

evtest /dev/input/event* (you have to select the right one by trying)
It seems that only the keybord (event0) and the PC speaker (event1) can be tested in this way on my system at the moment.

then either your hardware is broken,
It is still fine. The mouse pointer is moving in the Linux installation process beginning at the step "acknowledgement of Novell licence" from the DVD.
Both devices work also under Windows XP as usual.

Would anybody like to publish an update on the topic "Living with Linux - Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700" (http://linux.seindal.dk/item65.html) for my modell MX3000?
http://keytouch.sourceforge.net/keyboards_logitech.php

or the kernel isn't detecting your mouse any longer.
Have you any other ideas about an corresponding improvement on the error message "logips2dd: unknown logitech mouse modell 127" from the installation boot process?

Regards,
Markus