[opensuse] postfix and helo/ehlo
  • From: "Leen de Braal" <ldb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:12:18 +0100 (CET)
I am having troubles with mailservers on adsl lines connecting to sites,
that check for dns resolving.
Although a correct resolving is done on the name of the server (host
mail.sendingserver.tld) the other way round (host 111.222.333.444)
resolves to a name like ipxxxxxxxx.speed.dslprovider.tld.
(names and IP's here are not real of course)

How can I configure postfix to report a helo like
ipxxxxxxxx.speed.dslprovider.tld, so that the receiving server accepts?

I tried this by hand with a telnet to a troublesome server, and if i do it
this way, mail is accepted. So that's why I think this may be the
solution.
But if there is a better way, pls let me know.

--
L. de Braal
BraHa Systems