Re: [opensuse] CPU speed halved for no reason?
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:32:17 -0900
On Monday 18 December 2006 23:16, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> But you shouldn't need to.   The CPU responds almost instantly to load
> demands (even though the monitoring tools don't), and for the times when
> you're just reading your e-mail, a 1000mhz Athlon64 is one heck of a
> powerfull chip.

Well, I have speedstep on my Core 2 Duo notebook and I can Definitly
tell when its running in Performance mode (full speed) and when its not.

There is ever so slight a lag, just enough to be irritating when its
trying to save power.

Since I can't hear the fans anyway on this notebook, I run in
performance unless I'm not plugged in.

Some of us do other stuff besides email. I know that's
hard to believe. ;-)

--
John Andersen