[opensuse] setting file permissions/umask
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 01:08:52 -0500
Where's the right place to do this in 10.2:
1-globally
a-/etc/profile?
b-/etc/profile.local?
c-/etc/bashrc?
d-elsewhere?

2-per user
d-~/.bashrc?
e-~/.bash_profile?
f-~/.profile?
g-elsewhere?

How do I find out the current umask setting without creating a new file
and examining its permissions? It doesn't seem to exist in the output of
the set command.

I want all regular files in a particular public directory to be
rw-rw-r--. How do I set that up?

I want all regular files in a particular public directory to have one
particular owner and group. How do I set that up?

TIA
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409