Re: [opensuse] eeek! something ate my automagic updater file, apparently.
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:32:46 +0000
On 12/18/06, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx <jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After an updater recommended kernal update and reboot this info appears
> System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object
> instance was required.
>
> Server stack trace:
> at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.PackageManager.GetUpdates
> (Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Catalog catalog) [0x00000] at
> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.PackageManager.GetUpdates () [0x00000]
> at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RemotePackageMa

and then the updater goes away.. it appears every time I reboot, but I
don't know where to even find the items it's referencing .. I can, of
course still do online updates via yast but the little updater items or
install via that item is dead.

Just for kicks I uninstalled and reinstalled the updater, w/ no joy..
other than this I'm happy w/ just about everything I have poked at so
far..

As you mention you're using KDE, you might want to use the KDE updater
instead, which doesn't require ZMD, and should free you of these
problems. Deselect the "Enterprise package management" pattern and
ensure the "openSUSE package management" pattern is selected (see
http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Screeny102_software_patterns.jpg) and log
out and back into kde and you should have the KDE openSUSE updater
instead of zen-updater.
_
Benjamin Weber