Re: [opensuse] CLP
  • From: "D Gavrilovic" <d.gavrilovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:15:47 -0500
On 12/17/06, James Lockie <bjlockie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hope to get certified without taking a course.
I currently use Gentoo Linux and I have used other distributions but not
suse. :-)

Can you get certified without spending money on the official
curriculum? Maybe. But if you fail the test, there goes $150 down the
drain.

Do you have any IT certs or have taken an exam? I have a few. From
personal experience, they don't just test you on the correct way of
doing things. They test you on "their" correct way of doing things. I
personally haven't done the CLP, but if I remember correctly, there is
a hands on portion -- so you will have to buy something other than to
just book the exam.

Check out the newsgroup on Novell. Those guys will be able to answer
more questions.
novell.community.certifications.clp
novell.community.certifications.cle

Also, why don't you take the self test assessment. It's free. You can
get some free music too.

http://www.novell.com/training/assessment/index.html?sourceid=t_em_TSA_FAQ

---
Only five days left to test your SUSE(r) Linux Enterprise Server 10
skills in December and get ten tunes for free! Only 5 days left until
December 20, 2006! We invite you to take an online Linux Technical
Skills Assessment and see what you know about SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server 10. The ten days are almost over - where every tenth person who
takes an assessment will receive a $10 itunes gift card.

These assessments, which are normally $49.95 and now available for
free, are a perfect way to find out what you need to know. There are
five assessments, each is more technically demanding than the previous
one and corresponds to a Novell training offering.

So, test your skills and start rocking!
---

--
"Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of
the surest stepping stones to success." - Dale Carnegie