[opensuse] Re: [opensuse-amd64] How to build a cluster with 64 bit Opterons and SUSE?
  • From: Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:47:47 -0800
HG wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We would like to build a cluster of multiple Opteron based computers.
> The usage is for scientific computing (multiple scientists running
> large processes usually at the same time... :-) Mainly computing but
> also some large flat file access, no DB stuff.

You might take a look at Penguin Computing's "Scyld".

http://www.penguincomputing.com

We hosted a talk by Penguin and Don Becker recently and
are interested in the technology for HPC applications as
you describe. They support Red Hat Enterprise now, but
Don said they are working on SuSE.

Yes, this is the Don Becker of Ethernet driver fame and
a co-inventor of Beowulf clustering.

Regards,
Lew Wolfgang

(I'm not associated with Penguin, just a customer.)