Re: [opensuse] bugzilla unavailability rant
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:23:07 -0600 (CST)
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Felix Miata wrote:

> On 2006/12/17 14:36 (GMT-0600) Jon Nelson apparently typed:
>
> > 6 of the last 7 times I have tried to access bugzilla.novell.com it has
> > been inoperative. This, for me, has been an ongoing problem since before
> > 10.2 was released. I try to do my part and file bugs so that they can
> > get fixed and improve the quality of the SUSE and OpenSUSE products, but
> > I cannot do this if bugzilla is down more often than not.
>
> > Please, Novell, try to keep your bug tracking system up, it should be
> > more than a little embarrasing that one of the largest tech companies in
> > the world has a bug tracking system which is unavailable as often as
> > this one appears to be.
>
> What you might be seeing is incompatibility between your choice of
> browser and the way Novell's bugzilla https is configured. What browser
> and version are you using? Take a look at

I'm using firefox as it ships with OpenSUSE 10.2. I've also tried
konquerer (again, OpenSUSE 10.2) and firefox with SUSE 10.1

This is a /resource availability/ problem as far as I can tell.

--
Carpe diem - Seize the day.
Carp in denim - There's a fish in my pants!

Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>