Re: [opensuse] 10.2 system clock too fast and NTP
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:26:37 +0800
Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 2006-12-17 02:49, Anders Norrbring wrote:
>
>> Have you yet tried the boot parameter "clock=pit" as I suggested
>> initially?
> What exactly does that do, Anders?
I don't know if it is related, but there is this note in the Release
notes, "Booting Systems with HPET Timer Problems
On some NVIDIA nForce 5 motherboards (in particular from ASUS) or others
that do not support a HPET timer, proper booting might require the
acpi_use_timer_override kernel option at the boot prompt." I realize
this is not the same chipset, but trying the boot parameter shouldn't
take too long to see if it affects the problem.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871