Re: [opensuse] Dear Novell...
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:05:39 -0800
On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 23:46 -0800, Curtis Rey wrote:
> Kinda silly isn't it!?! I garner the Novell has followed RH's lead and
> decided not to supply boxed sets that can be bought at the local area
> Bestbuy/CompUSA/Pick_A_Store. Instead they partner up with DIgRiv and charge
> rates for Over Night shipping determined by distance? When the USPS rates
> are a lot more palatable? Novell really really makes me wonder sometimes.

Small problem is that the US-PO is subsidized so while you might think
your getting shipping cheaper your paying for the full freight in excise
taxes elsewhere. Better to have the full quality of DHL or the like.

Still the illusion of paying less for shipping is a sales technique
which Novell marketing has foolishly overlooked. Lets at least hope
they learn marketing and packaging from M$.

--