Re: [opensuse] 10.2 system clock too fast and NTP
  • From: Jan Karjalainen <jrock@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:03:25 +0100
John Andersen wrote:
On Saturday 16 December 2006 00:37, Jan Karjalainen wrote:
I have the same problem with one of my machines, the clock runs way too
fast.
I have to run "rcntp restart" every 10 minutes to keep it somehow
adjusted...

That's silly.
Just run the daemon, that's what its for.
man ntpd

Silly is that if I let ntp run by itself, the clock will be off by hours after only one day...

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. Van De Snepscheut