Re: [opensuse] 10.2 system clock too fast and NTP
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:48:09 +0100
Jan Karjalainen a écrit :
Anders Norrbring wrote:
ByteEnable wrote:
Hi,

I'm using OpenSUSE 10.2 and my clock is running too fast. I turned on
NTP but NTP only works when its first run, then defaults back to the
local clock, which is the clock that is running too fast.

This is a problem specific to 10.2. I've had OpenSUSE 10.1, Fedora Core
5 and 6 on this same hardware without issues.

Are you possibly running this in a VMware virtual machine? If you are, add 'clock=pit' into your grub boot parameters. It's a known VMware issue.

I have the same problem with one of my machines, the clock runs way too fast.
I have to run "rcntp restart" every 10 minutes to keep it somehow adjusted...

ntpd is made to cope with this, but I suspect there is a limit to the fix it can do :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO