[opensuse] HP dv6000CTO laptop -- kde has wrong resolution
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 23:14:47 -0500
I installed 10.2 this past week, and immediately noticed that the images
were too large and seemed somewhat distorted. Today I took a hard look
at the display settings and I think I see why. Now I need to know how
to fix it.

The display adapter is correctly detected as an Intel 945GM, and all
parameters make sense, including the correct monitor resolution,
1280X800 @ 24-b depth, 3d acceleration enabled.

The display is correctly detected as LGPHILLIPS.., same settings as
above. All this worked perfectly in 10.1 (

Looking at the KDE setup, the display is set up for 1024X768. And the
only alternatives given are 800X600 and 640X480. I can find no way to
fix the KDE settings.

Help!

--

John Perry