[opensuse] pata and sata
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:08:28 +0100
I know that pata (aka ide) drives are organised with two connectors each for two drives (master and slave) on the mother board.

But I don't have any sata drives personnaly, so I can't try. but I need to know: how are they organised? is there still the distinction master/slave? are they only standard scsi drives? how many drives on the same cable (or are they like scsi a chain?)

a friend of mine have two western digital drives and the second is not always seen by openSUSE 1.2, I try to fix the problem :-()
thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net