[opensuse] RE: Syslog Daemon in syslog-ng and the `(till) character (above left TAB)
  • From: Scott Couston - Registration Account <alpha096@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 00:31:57 +1000
Merry Christmas everyone,

Question 1
I am about to start writing a script for syslog-ng to capture IDS/Router
messages that are sent to an IP on Port UDP/514 and output a singular
file ASCII ( simple example). I will then use KiwiLog Viewer to view
the file all o.k in real time - but the hard part is writing the script
in syslog-ng. If anyone else has achieved this could they let me know.
There are other inclusions I need to put in the script.
Why don't I just use Ethereal or Wireshark - unfortunately the info
column is truncated at about the 45th charter - and that's the most
important field I need it to wrap and not truncate this field and there
is NO ASCII delimited output I can locate in the application. ( Yes I
have bug reported it)
Question 2
When ever I accidentally hit the ` ( till ) - above left TAB -
Character the prompt disappears and I don't know where I am in the
directory structure. How do I regain the standard prompt equal to MS $p
$g

There is an alternative to Vista - Open SUSE 10.2 - Complete Linux O/S -
Games - Office - Network - Anti Virus - SPI Firewall - Utilities - KDE
or Gnome Look and Feel - over 4,000 applications - Use your current PC -
NO upgrading http://www.novell.com/products/opensuse/

- The next Generation is here and it is wonderful !

Scott Couston