Re: [opensuse] Accepting all in the FORWARD chain
  • From: Peder <suseuser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:54:10 +0100 (CET)

Now I am confused.. I thought you said your firewall was redirecting all
http traffic to the squid proxy.

Since I don't use a proxy, I'm probably way off-mark here, but I thought
all the traffic was supposed to travel through the proxy -- nothing
direct between web server and client.

Hehe, who said my setup was normal.

I proxy all web traffic except to my webservers on the DMZ.

I guess my setup is a bit too unorthdox for SuSEfirewall2 but I still
don't get why it doesn't have an option to accept _all_ forwarding.
I don't think anyone anticipated doing things as you are doing them :-)
You essentially have a single network card functioning as both the
internal and external interfaces.

Why can't they anticipate my actions, dammit? :)

Well, since I now have a working setup I don't think I'll tinker with
it any more. Thanx for the suggestions though.

- Peder