Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.2 Repo - ftp.chg.ru - ?
  • From: "LLLActive@xxxxxxx" <LLLActive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:25:00 +0100
On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 09:57 +0100, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Hi!

> I do not know how the "automatic" source finder works, yet it never worked for
> me.

Neither for me.

> Although living in Germany, I never got a German source

ditto

> , but either the
> russian you mentioned,

So I take it that it is trustworthy if it crops up by itself? If not,
many others (or in Germany only?) will be using an untrustworthy repo.
Can it be validated?

> or one in Austria.
Yes, you are right; pardon for my geographical error, I said Switzerland
(TU-Wien): (Technische Universitaet Wien) which actually is in Vienna
Austria ... :-/

> This does not make sense at all,
> since my IP clearly points out which mirror would be the best, i.e. my
> University's, which is also on that mirror-list but never gets chosen.

LOL - Novell wants no original SuSE German 'links' (read 'heritage')
anymore?

> Just forget about that automatism and replace those sources by those that you
> know are fastest for you.
>
> Sven

:-)
Al