[opensuse] Re: CDDB (freedb) lookup for .wav files on disk
  • From: Joachim Schrod <jschrod@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:27:35 +0100
Sunny wrote:
On 12/14/06, Joachim Schrod <jschrod@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have some directories with wav files that were dumped from a CD.
They have the enlightening file names track??.wav.

If I burn these files to a CD, I can do a freedb lookup on them.
I'm looking for a tool that allows me to do this freedb lookup on
the directory.

instead of burning the CD, why not just create the .iso image and use it?

I don't understand you, but I would like to.

My understanding: An .iso image is a data disk image and not an audio disk. In fact, it is is one track on a CD, whereas an audio disk has multiple tracks. (Not counting multi-session CDs here; you don't have _one_ .iso image for them either.)

Most programs with CDDB support access an audio disk that's inserted in the CD device and query a CDDB-compatible database about its content. It is not possible to pass the image of a data disk to these programs. For most of them it is also not possible to pass a directory, that's my question, after all. So it's not sensible to mount the .iso either -- then I'm as far as I was before.

But I may have missed something and want to learn: How am I supposed to use the .iso?

Cheers,
Joachim