FW: [opensuse] Need monitor recommendation
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:57:42 -0600
Sorry Randall. I didn't mean to send that one to you directly.
On Thursday, December 14, 2006 @ 6:14 PM, Randall Schulz wrote:

>On Thursday 14 December 2006 12:21, Susemail wrote:
>> On Thursday 14 December 2006 09:02, Greg Wallace wrote:
>> > I am in the market for a new monitor (still using old CRT). I'm
>> > looking for just a small monitor, say 17 inch. Can someone suggest
>> > a brand and type (if there is more than one type like there are
>> > with TVs these days -- i. e. plasma, etc, etc).
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Greg Wallace
>>
>> Viewsonic LCD
>> Jerome

>Another vote for ViewSonic. I have a VP201b (1600x1200 LCD) and it is an
>excellent monitor. It has DVI-A, DVI-D and VGA inputs, and you can
>sequence between them from the front panel. The display quality,
>especially when using DVI, is outstanding.

>I'll never own a CRT again!

>Randall Schulz

Randall:

I have a bit of a vision problem and need 1024 X 768. Felix was saying
that you need to consider that when buying a LCD monitor because, unlike a
CRT, they have an optimal resolution. Would the VP201b work ok at that
resolution?

Thanks,
Greg Wallace