Re: [opensuse] Ralink
  • From: michael norman <michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:28:31 +0000
On Thursday 14 December 2006 14:19, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> >You can stop after make install.
> >
> >Then go into Yast network card config, you should see the card there,
> > select the card and click on edit, click on advanced and hardware details
> > and change the name to rt2500
>
> This is not required. Each module has a list of PCI/USB/etc. IDs it
> supports. In fact, if I both have rt2500 and rt2500pci in /lib/modules,
> udev happily loads both of them and I am to guess which one is in use.
>

> -`J'
Lennart
Jan

Before I read your posts I had started another thread Railink rt2500 10.2, its
probaby easier to continue here.

I followed Lennarts suggestion which was what I was used to doing in 10.1 and
although I can select the rt2500 module in Yast it will not connect.

Jan, I am not sure what you mean, but I can select either in Knetworkmanager,
and in neither case will it retain the settings after I have entered the WEP
key.

If either of you or anybody else have managed to get the card to connect I'd
love to know exactly how you have done it.

Mike