Re: [opensuse] configure fonts in KMail
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:30:46 +0100
On Tuesday 14 November 2006 03:06, Doug McGarrett said:
> OK, I did that. It makes the Re From and To text big and readable, but
> does nothing to the actual text of the message, which is where I'm really
> having the problem. I'm using a 19" CRT Trinitron, which has good
> resolution, but the characters are rather tiny. That's also true of an
> outgoing message, like this one.

Also, make sure your monitor's dimensions are set correctly in your X settings
(sax2). X uses those to calculate what DPI your display has, and if it
guesses too low, your fonts will appear too small.

In 10.2 we've added a feature to the KControl->Appearance->Fonts config to
allow you to hardwire a DPI, for people where SaX/xorg.conf is outside their
control, or just too scary, so you could experiment with that too.

Will