Re: [opensuse] Auto-mount bug or glitch (10.2)
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 05:14:18 -0600
On 12/13/2006 M Harris wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:55, Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)
> wrote:
> > > After upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2 I've got an annoying bug (or
> glitch) - I am
> > > unable to auto-mount USB storage devices.
> Actually, the annoying bug&glitch is that prior Suse distros
> auto-mount USB
> storage devices. :)
>
> We had to go through all sorts of hoops to get the sync turned
> off, and then
> to be able to mount/unmount from the gui... instead of logging on as
> root...
> so, if this has been corrected... I'll be happy as a clam.
>
> Can you mount the devices manually?

I use several USB devices interchangeably on my computers for different
functions. I LIKE the idea that when I plug in a "tool" that I wish to
use, it works. Kind of like if your mechanic had to turn on the air
compressor every time he had to take out a different bolt. Why not just
leave the compressor on and plug in the tool.

How can I get automount turned on in 10.1. I tried to use an external
hard drive for something and it didn't. Right now I have a Zip Drive
hooked up. Found a way to make an icon. BUT, the dad blasted thing won't
mount. Saw something in a box that said something about not being found
in mtab and fstab. Went and looked but didn't have any idea what was
either missing or added. Didn't have this problem with 10.0.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh