Re: [opensuse] Suse HP driver HPLIP
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:56:30 +0800
M Harris wrote:
> hi folks,
> Does the HPLIP driver work (correctly install, function with CUPS) on Suse
> 10.0, 10.1, 10.2...?

Yes, I know on 10.1 and 10.2, AND 10.2's Yast printer module can handle
hplip now.
> This driver is supposed to support well over 1k printers and supposedly has
> advanced printing features including printer feedback and maintenance. Just
> wondering if anyone has some experience in this area-- pertaining
> specifically to Suse 10.x

I have used it for months for my PSC2175. Every feature and function
for my printer is supported. HP is doing a pretty good job in
supporting Linux, and they have received my recommendation many times.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871