Re: [opensuse] Samba Admin Help
  • From: steve reilly <sfreilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:39:50 -0500
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 20:50, Thomas Miller wrote:

> I installed Samba, and I can see if from my desktop, but it won't let me
> login. I am using the standard setting as you see in Yast if you use it
> for setting up the service. What am I do wrong?

hi,

each samba user must have a password setup. you cant use your regular user
account password from the windows side.

try the command

smbpasswd

while logged in the linux box under the name you want to be able to login
remotely from the windows box.

it will ask you for a password, this is the password you enter from the
windows box when you login to the folder you want to get to in samba.

man smbpasswd

for more info

--
This computer is powered by OpenSuse 10.2
9:32pm up 2 days 1:40, 1 user, load average: 0.44, 0.59, 0.48