Re: [opensuse] DVD Drive Problem (additional information)
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:42:55 +0100
Sebastian Rösgen a écrit :
Yeah,

I guessed the same thing at first.

you should answer under the part of a message you answer to, if not the discussion is not understandable

But I had to dismiss the idea for the
simple reason that I can mount and read DVDs via console without a
problem (and I can boot from bootable DVDs).

so an hal problem (the automount feature)

So this cannot be the problem. The hardware is totally correct. (And by
the way, it would be a quite strange coincidence, that exactly after the
installation of openSUSE 10.2 my DVD-Drive got jiggered.)

it may happen sometime :-( I have several faulty drives on a shelf)

but I don't have the answer for you :-( sorry

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO