[opensuse] Smart GUI and 10.1 DVD9
  • From: Stephen Berman <Stephen.Berman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:01:16 +0100
I use the Smart GUI to install packages from the 10.1 DVD9; the
channel has the base URL /media/SU1010_001. This works fine, but only
if, after inserting the DVD and getting a popup window asking whether
to open the DVD in Konqueror (this is with KDE) or ignore, I answer
yes (or open). If I answer no (or ignore), smart says it can't find
the package I selected to install, although I can access the DVD with
any suitable application. Is this expected behavior? If so, why
(that is, why is it necessary to display the DVD in Konqueror)? If
not, should I file a bug?

Steve Berman