Re: [opensuse] KDE4 rpms, what am I getting myself into?
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:50:13 +0100
On Monday 27 November 2006 09:40, Will Stephenson wrote:

> ~/.kde is not protected by default, but you can set KDEHOME,
> KDETMP (default is /tmp/kde-$USER) and KDEVARTMP (default
> /var/tmp/kde-$USER) elsewhere and run KDE4 apps in parallel with a

*** Please define "elsewhere".

> running KDE3 desktop.  When we start including KDE4 on the distro
> it will be set up to work in parallel like this.

I felt brave and tried to run KDE4, but got a dialog saying:

Could not start D-Bus, Check your installation.

After clicking [Okay], the Splash Screen showed up, but hung after
showing "Loading the windowmanager", then it disappeared.

From ~/.xsession-errors:

/opt/kde4/bin/startkde: line 357: qdbus: command not found

*** Where is qdbus?

Cheers,

Leen