Re: [opensuse] Dear Novell...
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:04:15 +1100
Daniel Bornkessel wrote:
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 11:29, Anders Norrbring wrote:
Damon Register skrev:
Curtis Rey wrote:
Bestbuy/CompUSA/Pick_A_Store. Instead they partner up with DIgRiv and
charge rates for Over Night shipping determined by distance? When
the USPS rates are a lot more palletable? Novell really really makes
me wonder sometimes.
I am really growing to dislike UPS price gouging. I haven't visted the
DigRiv site yet so I don't know who is doing the shipping but I noticed
yesterday when I sent a small package, the UPS price was high even for
ground.

I'll stay with OpenSUSE for now, thank you very much.
I wonder if others will respond similarly and so retail sales will
do poorly then Novell will say that's why they didn't bother with
retail in local stores. Remember the comment a Novell executive made
about the MS/Novell deal: "we didn't get stupid overnight".

Even though I really liked having the book, I think I will also just
use openSuSE 10.2. I am in the process of making the CDs now
Seems like that's a US "problem" only. I haven't seen that shipping
extravaganza anywhere else. And mind you, the US is a relatively small
market for Linux in the global perspective...
Uhm ... I think I don't understand completely:
I checked the Novell shop at:
http://shop.novell.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=novell&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=61098000
and shipping is 5$ normal fare, 10$ next day ... but perhaps I misunderstood the discussion?

$US10 air to AUSTRALIA even! :-) . W-h-a-t a deal!

Cheers.