[opensuse] klauncher and kded
  • From: "LLLActive@xxxxxxx" <LLLActive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:02:45 +0100
Hi all,

I looked in the archives, but could not find the answer.

I have 2 identical systems (SUSE 10.1 boxed purchased version on a
x86_64 system dual core AMD). On the first system, when I plug in a USB
external drive, kded (and klauncher ??) opens up and asks if the
"Unmounted removable medium" should be opened in a "New Window" or "Do
Nothing". It can then also be mounted.

On the second system, this kded pop-up does not come up anymore. How can
it be revived. klauncher does not want to start; only done with kdeinit.
klauncher and kded is running though (when looked at with ps -A | grep
klauncher or ps -A | grep kded).

:-)
Al