Re: [opensuse] Re: Release of 10.2
  • From: Mark Hounschell <dmarkh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 04:59:49 -0500
John Andersen wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 12:15, Mark Hounschell wrote:
>> I don't understand. Why won't I be able to purchase it in the same manner
>> as I _always_ have. What has changed? Why? This is very disturbing to me.
>
> Ah, come on, Mark! How big an issue can this be.
>
> Very Disturbing?
>
> like this is the biggest problem in your life?

Well, what if one doesn't use credit cards? This combined with other
recent events with SuSE are of my biggest concerns in life right now.
I'm sorry your life is so difficult and mine so easy John. I hope things
get better for you.

But also, our company buys and delivers SuSE linux with our product. We
just shipped a series of machines with SuSE-10 (A box for every box)
included because our product is certified on 10.0 or less. We have had
no problems getting older releases in the past. I would guess that this
will be 'mucking' all this up as well. Will they continue to sell me a
10.2 box even after 10.4 is released? Or will this turn out to be part
of a MicroSoftish ploy to force companies to buy the SLES version
instead of the regular version?

Mark