Re: [opensuse] Re: Release of 10.2
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:34:40 +0100
On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 16:28 -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 16:15, Mark Hounschell wrote:
> > > You get the 32-bit and 64-bit packages on DVD, and the 32-bit packages
> > > on CD-ROM, a printed manual, 90 days of installation support, and
> > > "Security patches and bug fixes for up to 2 years".
> >
> > I'm very familiar with what I get with the BOX. I've bought every one since
> > 6.0 down the street at Best-Buy or Comp-USA.
> >
> > I don't understand. Why won't I be able to purchase it in the same manner
> > as I _always_ have. What has changed? Why? This is very disturbing to me.
>
> I suspect this may be the last release that has a boxed version. Novell is
> scaling back on the marketing.

They are grown ups capable of making their own decisions. I can't get
upset about these things anymore. If this is even true.

Perhaps OpenSUSE.org (it is an organization, no?) can strike a deal with
Novell to let OpenSUSE (the org) sell a boxed set. Something tells me it
would not be a profit maker when the download is free.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB