Re: [opensuse] article about Midnight Commander
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 01:01:09 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2006-12-12 at 18:21 +0200, Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC) wrote:

> > Did you try? ;-)
> hhhmmmmpppffff. Been caught out once with not trying and I think it will be a
> long time before it happens again although I might miss what I need whilst
> looking :)
>
> Yep, I had a look and tried to Enter when the file was selected and had a
> brief look at the menus and F keys but didn't see anything to open the file.
>
> My caveat though is I may have passed over it. :)

Clicking enter on a .odt file in mc while in an xterm fires up OO in my
system; has done so for many versions. Double click also works. Also works
for many types of files, triggered by extension, not by the real file
type.

The configuration is under the menu Command/Edit extension file. For OO
files it is (three lines):

# StarOffice 6 and OpenOffice.org formats
regex/\.(odb|odc|odf|odg|odi|odm|odp|ods|odt|otg|oth|otp|ots|ott|sda|sdc|sdd|sdp|sds|sdw|sgl|smf|stc|std|sti|stw|sxc|sxd|sxg|sxi|sxm|sxw|vor)$
Open=(ooffice %f &)

Ah! The configuration resides in '/usr/share/mc/mc.ext'

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.