Re: [opensuse] "don't likes" in opensuse 10.2
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:08:05 -0800
On Tuesday 12 December 2006 13:14, Matthew Stringer wrote:
> Things I've not liked so far:
>
> Suspend doesn't work properly, the keyboard shortcut on my Dell no longer
> works.

That is - I beleive - a KPowerSave function. You might want to check there.

> If I select it from the KDE Start menu it shuts down but when I power the
> machine back up it doesn't prompt for a password and just goes straight
> into my desktop.
>
> Not ideal for a laptop.
>
> Also it doesn't remember WEP keys, I have to type it in every time I want
> to connect to a WLAN.

Just out of curiosity - did you have the WEP keys assigned using KWallet?
That's how (under 10.1) I got them to be recognized so when I switch from my
home WPA lan to my work WEP lan there's a seamless change.

> My wobbly windows aren't working under XGL but the Cube is.

I'd like to see someone doing photo work with wobbly windows.. :)

--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request