Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:20:46 +0100
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 07:58:30 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

>Excellent. That's almost too easy, but it seems to have done the trick.

You should still report it in bugzilla.novell.com to alert our kernel
developers to the problem.

>Clearly I don't need the intel_agp, and that seems like the most likely
>culprit for the symptom I'm seeing.

What makes you think so?

>Does the agpgart module or any of the others you mentioned provide any
>advantages for a system with an nVidia card (GeForce 7300)?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Address_Remapping_Table for
what a GART is and why you possibly need it.

>interact with or mutually exclude the nVidia proprietary driver (which
>I'm not yet running, but did install during pre-release testind and
>will probably install again at some point)?

I do not know whther the proprietary nvidia driver needs GART support
from the kernel.

Philipp