[opensuse] Kmail vs. a particular special character (SUSE 10.0)
  • From: pelibali <pelibali@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:49:22 +0100
Hi,

I have a SUSE 10.0 router/printer-server with several 9.x and a single
10.0 client.
Surprisingly when my girlfriend (SUSE 10.0) prints out an e-mail con-
taining Hungarian special chars, all look OK, except one, which is
"รก". This letter is in fact fine if you take _what_ is printed, but if
you take the minimal squares all the letters can be surrounded, the
mentioned char is not at the middle, but strongly shifted, resulting
that it almost touches the neighboring character.
This issue is not present on any of the 9.x machines.

How to start to troubleshot the situation; should I simply check the
font settings under her Kmail client or what could be the culprit? Is
there any indication/report showing that on 10.0 there was a font
with some special chars corrupted? I googled for this, didn't find a
similar problem description/solution.

Thank you,
Pelibali