[opensuse] Kmail constantly annoys with certificate problem.
  • From: pelibali <pelibali@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:48:35 +0100
Hi,

I have SUSE 9.1 with KDE 3.3.1 and have problem with Kmail 1.7.1 :(

I setup a secured pop3 connection (port 995 with auth; SSL with plain
text) to our mail server and every time I fire up Kmail to download
my e-mails I get the following popup(s):

The IP address of the host pop.whatever.net does not match the one
the certificate was issued to.
Details, Continue, Cancel

[Continue]

Would you like to accept this certificate forever without being
prompted?
Forever, Current Sessions Only

Here independently which choice I do, except a shorter period when it
will be not asked again, but after restarting Kmail the very same
pop-ups appear for sure.
Any idea or trick to hide this somehow?! (FYI: Updating 9.1 or moving
to another provider are no valid options. KDE 3.3.2 could help, but.)

Thank you,
Pelibali