Re: [opensuse] Splitting MP3's
  • From: John K Masters <johnmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:17:48 +0000
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:45:16 -0800
Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 02:08, jdd wrote:
> >
> > > Glad you got it working, but somehow I doubt there was any need for
> > > a reboot. Probably that was just one way of reloading a service or
> > > something - in 12 years of linux I've never seen a case where it
> > > was necessary to reboot after installing a program.
> >
> > try (as root) :
> >
> > rc <TAB>
> > (type the letters r then c then the TAB key)
> > to see the list of restartable services (one of the handy
> > openSUSE things :-)
>
> You'll probably need two presses of the TAB key. The first one will just
> beep, the second will list all available completions in the context of
> the current cursor position within the current command line.

Good tip, thanks. I'm so used to /etc/init.d that I'll probably continue using that. I can see I'll have to read up on the differences between Suse and Debian. Problem is I run a couple of Debian servers where I only have SSH access so I don't want to go trying Suse specific commands there :)

--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/