[opensuse] test for hdd
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:19:04 +0100
do you know any utility able to do for a hdd what memtest do for RAM?

It seems like I have HW problems and I can't figure out what. fsck don't gives anything.

symptoms: on heavy work, linux freezes, disk is corrupted, but as soon as I reformat it fsck -c don't complain anymore, but the freeze keep occuring again. tested with ext3 and reiserfs :-(

I don't remember having seen badblocks listed by fsck, arrors where like date of the superblock in the future or inode error (and there has been a crash, so this is not surprising)

the cpu could be hot, but I fixed the fan (some oil) and still freezes :-(

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net