Re: [opensuse] still trying to print
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:21:20 -0500
On Monday 11 December 2006 18:47, Hans Krueger wrote:
> Doug McGarrett wrote:

/break/
> > That is apparently not the case. OO will print type to anything,
> > assuming you can get the printer to work, but if you try to output a
> > spreadsheet from whatever they call the equivalent to Quattro, you get a
> > message that only PostScript printers are supported.
> >
> > The HP 2200D is a PostScript printer.
> >

> > --doug
>
> is that a laser or ink jet
> does it still work under windows?
> can you still print a test page with out the computer
> your manual will tell you how
> network or usb,parallel port
> suse ? 9.3,10, 10.1, ?
> cups, lpt ?
> are you using the setup as a print server
> I had to use http://sourceforge.net/projects/hplip/ 1.6.6a the suse one
> didn't work for me
> I'm running 10.0 with the hp business ink jet 1000 got a deal from tiger
> direct
> let me know how you make out
>
> --
>
> Hans Krueger
> hanskrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The HP 2200D is a laserjet. There seems to be a problem about HPLIP.
(Separate mail, in this thread.)
I have the machine working with an HP 970Ci color ink-jet printer, which
was a problem before, but it seems to be OK now. Slow, but useable.
It actually does print a spreadsheet without a problem, and I don't think it
is a PostScript printer, but I'm not sure.

--doug