[opensuse] "dd" mini-iso CD to USB-Pendrive? (for booting)
  • From: Bill-Schoolcraft <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:35:38 -0800 (PST)
Hello Family,

I've just purchased a 1-gig Sandisk "Cruzer" pendrive for I need to have
the full "first" (network-mini-iso) image to reside on the drive.

I need to have it boot as would a USB CDROM so I can initiate an NFS
install.

I received this USB Flash Drive with a fat32 file system on in and was
thinking of just taking my first CD of CentOS and doing:

dd if=/dev/hdc of=/dev/sda

I was thinking the above syntax from the days of using "dd" for floppy
boot images to 1.44mb floppy disks.

Any ideas on this?

TIA

--
Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday,
lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
-- Redd Foxx